The overall objective of this course is to provide students with concrete and actionable skills for public speaking and interviews.
Through instruction, class activities, case studies, and speech practice, students will learn how to:
- Develop critical thinking and leadership skills
- Improve self-image and create a professional presence
- Build effective story-telling skills to engage audience
- Structure speeches in a logical and thorough fashion
- Adopt strategies to explain complex concepts to different audience
- Maximize impact through effective use of voice and body language
- Polish interview skills and techniques for scholarship, college, and internship
Who Should Take This Class?
High school students who want to be more confident in speaking in front of an audience and to develop effective communication abilities.