The overall objective of this course is to help student improve self-confidence and become a better public speaker.
Through instruction, class activities, analyzing TED talks, and various speech practice, students will learn how to:
- Develop analytical and critical thinking skills
- Plan and prepare speeches for specific purposes
- Build effective story-telling skills to engage audience
- Use presentation aids to enhance speeches
- Structure speeches in a logical and thorough fashion
- Conduct meaningful research on a variety of topics
- Get to know the audience and tailor speeches for specific audience
- Manage “stage fright” and develop presentation skills that enhance confidence
- Develop body language techniques to effectively deliver a speech
Who Should Take This Class?
Middle school students who want to overcome speech anxiety and to improve public speaking skills.