The overall objective of this course is to help student build confidence in writing and develop a unique voice.
Through instruction, model reading, writing exercise and practices, and teacher’s feedback, students will learn how to:
- Generate better writing ideas and find their focus
- Use strong and relevant details to support underlying themes
- Clarify writing by choosing more accurate and effective words
- Keep sentences active and express ideas more powerfully
- Build clear and logical structure and make smooth transitions
- Employ revision techniques to identify problems and make the changes